Super-moms in the workplace
All moms are super. And as a large employer, we work hard to support moms who balance careers with our company while caring for a family.
That’s why AstraZeneca is proud to be one of Working Mother magazine’s 100 Best Companies for the tenth consecutive year.
Working Mother released its 2011 list today and highlighted the work AstraZeneca is doing to help employees manage the demands of their work and personal lives.
For example, Kristin Boggetta works in Clinical Operations and has three children ages 8, 5 and 3. She and her husband have used several AstraZeneca programs, including our child development center:
The AstraZeneca Child Development Center is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children, providing the highest quality educational and developmental programs, better staff-to-child ratios than required by the state, and the ability for parents to visit any time.
Working Mother magazine also highlighted the work we are doing to help employees manage the demands of work and personal life by encouraging work-life conversations between managers and employees.
Gail Pappas is part of the Global Management Development department and comments here about why AstraZeneca is a good place for working mothers:
Additional programs AstraZeneca offers that contribute to a supportive working culture include:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Work/Life resource and employee assistance program providing confidential, personal support, resources and referrals to help solve personal and work-related challenges
- Career development and mentoring programs, including support for women’s advancement
- Diverse employee network groups, including a working parents network and an eldercare group
- Childcare and eldercare resources, services and discounts
Profiles of the Working Mother 100 Best Companies are in the October issue of Working Mother magazine and at workingmother.com.