AstraZeneca named as Working Mother 100 Best Company
AstraZeneca on Tuesday was named to Working Mother magazine’s 100 Best Companies list for the 11th consecutive year. AstraZeneca has been recognized for the company’s leadership in creating a family-friendly policy and culture.
Working Mother highlighted the work AstraZeneca is doing to help employees manage the demands of their work and personal lives.
“This award truly shows AstraZeneca’s continued commitment and support of our employees and their families by offering family-friendly programs including work-life balance support, child-care programs and adoption assistance,” said Deborah Kauffman, Vice President, Human Resources, AstraZeneca US.
One of the many resources for employees is the AstraZeneca Child Development Center, which is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children and provides the highest quality educational and developmental programs, better staff-to-child ratios than required by the state, and the ability for parents to visit any time.
Working Mother magazine also highlighted the work AstraZeneca is doing to encourage work-life conversations between managers and employees.
Additional programs AstraZeneca offers that contribute to a supportive working culture include:
- Flexible work arrangements.
- Work/Life resource and employee assistance program providing confidential, personal support, resources and referrals to help solve personal and work-related challenges.
- Career development and mentoring programs, including support for women’s advancement.
- Diverse employee network groups, including a working parents network and an eldercare group.
- Childcare and eldercare resources, services and discounts.
Profiles of the Working Mother 100 Best Companies will be in the October/November issue of Working Mother magazine and online at www.workingmother.com.